Tuesday 14 October 2014

My everyday skin care routine!

Hey guys, today I am going to be blogging about my everyday skincare routine. To be totally honest, I have very recently just started getting into a skin care routine. This is because it is now coming up to winter and as i'm sure most of you will know that the winter weather can be very harsh on our skin!

So, the first thing I do is take my eye make up off. The products I use to do this are as follows...


So, I always use cotton pads and the Simple 'kind to eyes' eye make up remover to take off my eye shadow etc. 

The cotton pads I use are Wilkinson's own so they only cost around 70 pence and they do the job perfectly! So firstly, I take out two cotton pads (one for each eye) I lay one down on the side and with the one I have in my hand I apply two drops of the Simple eye make up remover...


You really only need one drop of this product but as I wear a lot of eye make up, I tend to need two. I bought this from Wilkinson's also as all of the Simple products were on offer so I think I got this for around £2.

When using this product I tend to just place the cotton pad with the eye make up remover on the eye and hold for a couple of seconds, This makes the make up moist so it comes off easier. When I have done that, I just wipe the rest off gently.

The next thing I do after that is splash my face with some water and then apply another product which is...


Do excuse my nails! I need to re-paint them so I am sorry haha! Anyway, the next product I use is this Witch gentle exfoliating face wash. I use this product for my annoying black heads. I get black heads on my chin and to me they are extremely noticeable. I bought this a long time ago and used it for around 2 weeks then completely lost interest in it. Now, getting back into my skin care I have started using it again and it is really making a difference. 

I pour out about a large circle sized amount onto my hand. It does look quite disgusting but it really is good for black heads! It has little grit like follicles in it which get into your pores and cleanse the outer skin.

How I apply this product is simply with my free hand I get some product onto my finger and rub it into my chin or wherever I see some more black heads. I do this quite rough so it really gets deep into my pores. Then I leave it on my affected area for a few seconds then rinse it off with warm water. 

The next product I use is Simple moisturising facial wash...


This facial wash is made to thoroughly cleanse and moisturise your skin. I bought this in Sainsbury's as it was on special offer and I got this and another product that is coming up later on in the post for only £5! 

How I apply this product by squeezing a large pea sized amount. It comes out a thick substance. Before I apply this onto my face, I splash my face with water again. Then when I have done that I normally will have some left over water in my hands, I simply rub my hands together to make a lather. When I reach the lather substance I gently rub this product all over my face. I do take my time when doing this step. 

When it is all rubbed into my face I wash the left overs off my hands then wash it all off my face. I make sure I wash every last bit off! 

Nearing to the end of my skincare routine I now go onto moisturising... 



This is by far the most expensive product I own for my skin. I think previously I have said I struggle with dark under eye circles and very dry skin around the eyes. I had been searching all over for the best eye cream and I finally come up with this one. I bought this straight away and I can honestly say it is a miracle worker, It soothes my skin around the eyes and I have seen a big difference under my eyes. It has done me proud! It is obviously from Clinique and it was £26. 



How I apply this is I take the tiniest dot out of my pot and share it between my two middle fingers and start from the outside of my under eye area and drag the cream across to the inner part of my eye. Then I take it up and around the top of my eye. Then I leave that to soak in and that's my eye cream done! 

Finally, I apply my last product which is a face and neck moisturiser...


This is suppose to fully hydrate your skin and make it feel moisturised and pampered! I have had loads and loads of different moisturisers in the past and I just had not been loving any until this! I have heard lots of bloggers and youtubers raving about the Simple moisturiser and I have finally agreed with them! I bought this along with the facial wash for £2.50. It is a bargain. 

How I apply this is squeeze a pea sized amount and dot it around my face. I then gently rub it in my face softly until it is all rubbed in. With the left overs I rub it down my neck to keep that moisturised also! I don't rub it under my eyes though, so if you are like me and use the Clinique or whichever under eye cream make sure you don't rub this on the top otherwise it could wipe off the eye cream. 

That guys is the end of my everyday skin care routine! 

If you would like to take another look of the products mentioned here are the links...


I really hope you enjoyed finding out what my skin care routine is! Why don't you tell me in the comments what products you use so I can try them out also. 

Thank you so much for reading! 

Love, Melissa Victoria x

No comments:

Post a Comment