Friday 10 October 2014

A trip to Florence!

Hey guys! Most of you will have seen from my last post that I am currently blogging about my trip to Italy. So for this post I am going to be talking and showing you pictures of when I went to Florence. I hope you enjoy!

Florence is genuinely the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Also, I am a huge fan of the Kardashians and as Kim Kardashian got married there, I was even more excited to see it!

As I did in my last post, I am going to pick out my favourite pictures I took and show them to you. Here they are...


Personally, I nicknamed this street the 'Fashion Street' as all the best shops are along this street. Including, Michael Kors, Prada, Miu Miu, Dior and Roberto Cavalli. Of course, you can imagine this was like my full on dream. When we walked down this street I seriously thought I was in heaven and i'm sure all of you fashion lovers will agree that it is like heaven! 
The next pictures I am going to show you are what I took walking down this insane street...


When I walked past this shop I was like a little kid in a sweet shop. One of my top priorities in my life time is to own a Celine bag. I saw inside the store that there were security men which I am sure are to keep people like me out. I was overly excited!


Walking past these shops was ridiculously exciting but then again it was quite depressing as I would never have the money to go shopping in the likes of these stores! But that doesn't mean you can't safely window shop from the outside. As I said, walking past these types of stores is unreal. 

Now moving onto the scenery and the incredible monuments in Florence such as the duomo. However, my pictures of the duomo and other monuments are not the greatest as they were took on my iPhone so I do apologise...


I'm sure you can just probably see the duomo peeking out from behind the cathedral in front. I must say, the Florence cathedral was breathtaking. The carvings on the outside were incredible and so beautiful. I would recommend everyone to visit Florence at least once in their lifetime. I did actually go inside the duomo but as expected I couldn't go in with just my shorts and cami top on due to being respectful. I ended up going in with trousers and cardigan on. My best friend Anna looked so funny as she had a sarong and a checkered shirt on. What a beauty haha!


This picture isn't the greatest and it is the only one I took due to me feeling disrespectful as it is very religious place. However, everything on the altar was stunning and it was amazing to look at. 

Now onto the bridge in Florence which I believe is called 'Ponte Vecchio' which is the oldest bridge in Florence. I do believe my picture is from the other side of the river and so the actual bridge with the old buildings on is what I was stood on. I took a picture of the view and the other bridge that faces it...


I should have really taken a picture of the Ponte Vecchio itself but I must have forgot. Silly me! The view from the Ponte Vecchio was indeed beautiful! 

Last but not least, onto the food, I was lucky enough to actually get a pizza in a great restaurant in Florence. Unfortunately I can't remember the name but it was amazing. I did take a picture of the pizza I ordered though... 



It was the most delicious pizza I have ever tasted. I wish England did pizza's as good as these. I could have eaten five it was that tasty! 

To finish off our trip in Florence me, Anna and her mum and dad all got ice creams. Italian ice cream or as the italians say 'gelato' is the best ice cream. 


Again, I can't remember the name of this ice cream parlour but it was in the main city square with all the flower beds if that helps! I got the cookie flavour ice cream and it was delicious! 

Overall, I enjoyed every single minute of being in Florence. I desperately wish I could go back tomorrow if I had the chance! In the future, if I ever get the chance to go there I would have no hesitations and would do it in a heart beat.

Florence is truly the best place I have ever been to in my whole life. It is seriously amazing. 

On that note, that brings us to the end of this post. I really hope you enjoyed reading about what I got up to in Florence. I would honestly recommend Florence to everyone.

Thank you so much for reading!

Love, Melissa Victoria x

2 comments:

  1. Drooool, the food!! And of course the shopping! Did you buy anything nice when you went over there?


    www.redhairedgirlincheltenham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the food was amazing! No which I am so sad about! It was just a little bit too expensive :( x

      Delete