Tuesday 16 September 2014

Autumn inspired haul!

Hey guys, so as we all know it is now changing seasons and we are going into Autumn which of course means we have to say goodbye to our Summer clothes and say hello to our coats, scarves and gloves! Honestly, I prefer the colder seasons as I love getting cosy and snug in big winter scarves and coats. Now I know we aren't in Winter yet so I guess we don't have to get the massive coats out just yet but we girls are in definite need of snug cardigans and jackets. As I love the colder seasons, every year I really look forward going shopping and buying Autumn weather clothes and get to buy the Autumn beauty must haves. For example, darker coloured nail varnishes, eye shadows and finally lipsticks. So me and mum went shopping and I bought some amazing clothes for Autumn and i'm going to show you what I purchased over the past couple of weeks! I hope you enjoy!

Overview of what I purchased.



So as you can see from the picture I have gone for the more darker coloured products. Firstly, I am going to start with my Autumn beauty buys...

The first thing I went to look for was nail varnish. Now, I am a lover of wearing summery nail polish colours all year round because I find them the most prettiest and look nicest on my nails. However, this year I decided I am going to buy for the seasons and so far I have stuck to it! So I went into superdrug expecting to be disappointed with the selection of seasonal nail varnishes they had. I was so wrong! I found three that I loved. The first one I bought was...


This colour is called Lychee by Barry M Cosmetics. I would never normally go for this colour but I thought I would try it. I painted my nails with it when I got home and I really liked it. I also think that it would go well with Autumn inspired clothing. 

The next colour I bought is my favourite of the three...


This colour is called Copacabana also by Barry M, Again, I would not normally go for this nail varnish as it is Matte and I am a big fan of Barry M's Hi-shine nail polish but I thought I would give it a go. I am so glad I did! I bought this a couple of days after I bought the Lychee one and straight when I got home I painted my nails with this colour and I love it. I still have it on my nails now so I will put a picture of it on my nails up...


It is a very vibrant red colour and I am sure it will look amazing in Autumn. 

The last nail varnish I purchased was this one... 


This is the colour Cappuccino by Barry M. As you can tell I am a big fan of Barry M nail varnish haha! So, I know this colour has been around for quite some time and in the past, I have bought it twice before so I do know I love it and is one of my top colours. This is perfect for Autumn as usually brown is a major colour in the leaves etc. 

Now, leaving the nail varnishes, I am now going to be showing you what lip product and perfume I purchased. 

Starting off with the lip product I bought this one from Lush...



I have been hearing people rave about this product for over a month. I finally jumped on the bandwagon and bought one. I know they have three different smells/tastes including 'Mint Julips', 'Bubblegum' and finally 'Popcorn' which is the one as you can see I bought. I didn't really know what they are meant to do until I asked one of the sales advisers in the store. So apparently they are meant to keep lips soft and hydrated and remove the oh so common 'dryness' of the lips especially in the colder seasons. Plus, you can lick it off your lips and eat it! Pretty amazing and I can honestly say they taste incredible. The price of the lip scrubs are extremely reasonable and I'm sure this product will be helpful to me as my lips become dry in the winter. 

Onto the perfume buy, I have been purchasing this product for over a year and I just can't get enough of it...



It is of course the 'Lady Million' perfume by Paco Rabanne. Every now and then I like a perfume that has a strong scent but it is rare. I normally go for fruity/sweet scents. That is until I came across this and I have loved it for ages. Lady Million is the perfect perfume for Autumn/Winter as it has a hint of musk and that goes down well with everything in Winter and I will be using this every day until it comes back round to Summer. 

That is the end to my beauty purchases and now onto clothing and footwear yay! 

Firstly I am going to be starting with the amazing jacket that I instantlly fell for...



Now I know and I'm sure most of you know it is quite difficult to get a good picture of clothes when you aren't wearing them so to help you get the gist of this jacket I am going to do a Autumn look book of the outfit I purchased and other items of clothing they will all go well with, make sure you keep tuned if you want to see that! So onto the jacket, when I saw the jacket in the Dorothy Perkins I immediately liked it but that day I was on a budget so as I am sure we all know when we are on budgets paying £35 for an item of clothing isn't really on our lists to do! Although, paying £35 for a piece of clothing that you really really like doesn't seem too bad... does it? Guilty as charged, I spent £35 and of course after that I was skint and had to put everything else on my mums card! Bad idea but oh well! This cardigan type jacket is so so comfy and goes well with everything in my wardrobe so overall I am so glad I bought it. It is pricey but it is extremely worth it. 
If you would like to go and buy/have a look at this item click here.  

Next up is a top from River Island... 





One of the main reasons I like this top is because it has the best place in the world wrote on it... New York! As depressing as it seems, I have never actually been to New York but I have been wanting to go there since I was like 5. I am still waiting... Anyway I really really like this top not only because of what it says but I really like the colour. Maroon is a very Autumn inspired colour and it fits really well. It also goes well with my jacket. Plus, the price is so good! Unfortunatley I can't find this product on the website but if you would like to look more into this item or even buy it be sure to check in your local River Island shop. 

The next thing I bought was this jumper/top also from River Island...


Now I know this picture isn't the best but I will wear this in my Autumn inspired look book so make sure you check it out! I think this top has Autumn wrote all over it. The flowers, the colours and the style.  It has three quarter sleeves so it does keep your arms warm and the flower print looks amazing. I have literally been wearing this for the past week, I just can't get enough! Again, I am unable to find this on the River Island website but make sure you check your local shop out and they might still have it on the shelves. 

The last item of clothing I bought were these...



These jeans are like my best friend. I wear them nearly everyday and I own three pairs. These are by the brand MOTO from Topshop. They are quite pricey but definitely a life saver for girls who are not so skinny as they are stretchy. Joni jeans are made for taller people as they are high waisted but I buy them in bigger size and yes they do come high up but I just put a baggy top over the top and you are ready to go! Girls who are like me and aren't the skinniest of people I would definitely purchase these as they do stretch and are very flattering. Also they are perfect for the colder seasons as they are thick material and keep your legs warm. If you would like to check these out or if you want to buy these click here.  

Finally, the last thing I bought was these amazing boots from River Island...



First and foremost, these boots were the ultimate buy and I love them dearly. These are also from River Island and I trust River Island's quality so I had no problem buying these. I had been wanting some boots for Autumn for a long time and I just could not find any that really caught my eye. Until these that is! I saw these boots when I went shopping with my friend Anna but I had no money then so I had to leave them behind, I was really upset about it I wanted them that bad. I went shopping with my mum (when I eventually got paid) expecting these to be sold out and I would be without them! To my surprise they had loads in. I searched for a size 5 for around 5 minutes and I just could not find any. I was so close to just giving up when one of the sales people brought a couple of pairs out and put them back on the stand they were all on. There they were... one pair of size 5's and with no hesitation I picked them up and bought them. Thank god! haha. If you would like to (hopefully) find your size and buy them or just to have a look at them click here

That guys is the end of my Autumn inspired haul post! I hope you have enjoyed finding out what is in the shops at the moment and has given you an insight to what I am wearing this Autumn. Make sure you keep checking for my Autumn look book post which will be coming up as soon as I get my camera fixed!! 

Thank you so much for reading...
Sorry it has been so long!

Love, Melissa Victoria x 

9 comments:

  1. those boots are freaking gorgeous !!
    also, that jacket is now on sale at £28.00 aha

    would love it if you could read/comment on my blog
    www.alittlenxte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them. I know I checked the link and saw it! What a nightmare. haha.
      Sure I will check your blog out :)

      Delete
  2. Love all of the Barry M colours! Would wear all of them haha, also love the top from River Island :)

    http://foodandotherloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I know they are all on 3 for 2 now aswell. Thank you:)

      Delete
  3. OMG I need to try that popcord lipscrub!

    Nice post

    xx

    http://thebeautydollx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get it. It really helps! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  4. I now need every single thing that you mentioned! my card might see some damage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn is my favourite season for dressing! I'm loving that Barry M orange nailpolish you got, such a pretty colour. would really love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete