Friday 3 October 2014

A trip to Rome and the Vatican City!

Hey guys! So as most of you will know in August I went to Florence, Italy with my best friend Anna and her family. I can honestly say that holiday was the best one I have ever had. Today and over the next couple of blog posts I am going to be showing and writing about what I did on holiday and the places I visited.

To start off with this series of posts, I am going to show you the places I saw in Rome!
Rome is just insane. Everywhere you turn there is amazing scenery and all the buildings are unbelievably pretty.

I am going to pick my favourite  places I saw and took pictures of in Rome that caught my eye the most! Here they are...


This picture is of some Roman ruins. I was very fortunate in having a guided tour around Rome and more than likely if I saw these without the tour guide informing me about the fact these are actual Roman ruins, I would have certainly missed out on looking at these amazing monuments. The tour guide did tell us all what they were before but of course it is impossible to remember everything they say haha! 


Some more Roman ruins...


The next place I visited was my all time favourite in Rome...


The Coliseum!! I had heard so much about the Coliseum but the fact I have actually seen it in person I was genuinely overwhelmed. Unfortunately, this was as close as I could get to this amazing monument as it was extremely busy and the weather on that day was incredibly hot. As this picture was taking nearer the end of our sightseeing in Rome we decided just to get pictures from there. Seeing this in real life was unreal to me as I had dreamed of going to Rome for a long long time! If you are going to Rome at any point I would make sure you go see the Coliseum! I do apologise for the pictures not being perfect but as you can see, it was really busy with loads of people.

The next sight I saw was this beautiful fountain. I do apologise, but I have searched for the name of this fountain but I cannot find it! I do know it was not the Trevi Fountain though as that was under construction! 


As I said, I am really sorry but I don't know the name of this fountain but it was amazing to look at and study the artwork/architecture. 


I do look a bit of a mess in this picture but as I said it was ridiculously hot in Rome so hair up, shorts and cami tops are necessities haha! We thought we should get some pictures of us in Rome as its not everyday you are able to. 

Now moving onto The Vatican City pictures... 


This was the view from the bridge where you have to cross in order to get to The Vatican City. As you can see it's pretty amazing! 


The square leading up to the Vatican...


A picture of the architecture surrounding the Vatican. 


Finally a picture of the Palace of the Vatican! Seeing this building was breathtaking. Not in a million years would I have ever thought I would be stood outside of where the Pope lives... It is crazy! I could have stood outside of this palace for hours it was that amazing. If you are in Rome you have to walk over to the Vatican City to go and see this as it is incredible. 

The highlight of going to Rome and the Vatican City I would have to say would be seeing the Coliseum, it is beyond amazing. 
The disappointment of going there I would have to say would be the Trevi Fountain being under construction. I was so excited to see that and it made me really sad that I wasn't able to. 

Overall, Rome and the Vatican City is one of my all time favourite places I have ever visited! 

That brings us to the end of this post. I hope you have enjoyed looking at some of the places I visited in Rome. The next post I am going to do is a trip to Florence city!

Thank you so much for reading.
Love, Melissa Victoria x

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, I love Rome. Beautiful city.
    Have an amazing time in Florence!

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Rome last year and it was amazing. Such a beautiful city.
    Zeynab xx

    The Beautifully Disastrous

    ReplyDelete