Thursday 4 September 2014

Mini home/bedroom haul and a few new bedroom touch ups!

Hi guys! I know I haven't posted in a while but I have been ridiculously busy!
 
Here is my latest post and it is going to be a bedroom/home haul and I am going to be showing you little things that I have added to my bedroom in August.
 
So first of all, every now and then I like to treat myself to a new bed quilt as (embarrassingly) I still have Barbie ones in my wardrobe haha! So me and my mum went shopping and I bought a new bed quilt from BHS. It looks like this -
 
 
It is a patchwork quilt which in my case I love, I have like 5 patchwork quilts! I have this on my bed now but the one thing I dislike about it is the material. It is quite rough and I prefer softer material quilts. I think the price of this wasn't too bad as it had been discounted.
 
The next thing I bought for my bedroom is this -
 
This is a American style napkin dispenser. I know this is extremely random but I am trying to make my bedroom look slightly American themed. I bought this also from BHS in the sale for I think about £4 which for me is quite cheap! As I have a big love for anything American I really really liked this and it is currently sitting on my dresser table.
 
The next items I am going to show you I have sort of made myself. The first one I am going to show you is -
 
I had a crazy idea when I got back from my holiday in Florida and wanted to make my bedroom American themed as I have said before. I had the idea of making picture frames like this for when I have been somewhere that is special to me. In this frame there are three post cards that have pictures of the most prettiest sights in Rome. I have also mentioned that I have just got back from going to Italy with my friend and actually bought these in Rome itself. The picture frame is from Wilkinsons and was around £6. I really love the pictures in the frame and they do mean a lot to me. I have this on my wall when I walk into my bedroom so it is the first thing I see.
 
I also have another one like this but with postcards from Florida -

 My mum actually bought me these on holiday and it was her idea to frame them and put them on my walls. These pictures are beautiful scenery pictures all around Florida. The frame is exactly the same as my one for Rome. I love them!
 
Last but not least, where I stayed in Italy they had a market on Sundays and me and Anna went and I found this..
 

 
I really love snow globes and I do collect them. My brother and his fiancé went to New York and brought me back one from there and I love it. This is another to my collection! I love the fact that it is a scooter and it looks so cute! In the middle it has a little statue inside which is meant to be Florence town and it gets better.. it was only 2 Euros which is a bargain!
 
 
That guys is the end of this post and I hope you have enjoyed finding out a little bit about how I have decorated my room recently.
Thank you so much for reading and please don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' and google+!
 
Love, Melissa Victoria x
 


6 comments:

  1. The new duvet cover looks gorgeous & I love the dispenser!! I love american things haha x

    Sunaina ❃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! I nominate you for the Liebster Award!!! Here's the link: http://anotherserendipity.blogspot.com/2014/09/liebster-award_5.html
    Your blog is great by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the duvet cover!

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I nominated you for a liebster award so check out my blog on the link below to see the questions!
    http://katyyg.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete