Tuesday 27 January 2015

All About The Monochrome (Haul)

Hey guys, so I know it has been a while but in the space between my last post and this post I have been very poorly and very busy planning exciting things! 

I am back today with a haul post. I hope you enjoy! 

Now, before I start rambling on about everything I bought I will just let you know that monochrome is for me, the best type of pattern/style for my figure. Some people think monochrome is boring but I completely disagree. For me, I think it is very flattering on girls who aren't stick thin. In my opinion monochrome clothing is tasteful, smart and very stylish. I am a big fan of monochrome as you will probably work out from this post! 





The first thing I bought was this top from River Island. I actually saw this top on the website and my first thought was I really don't like it. I went shopping with my mum on Sunday and this was at the front of the store, I genuinely fell in love. I guess sometimes clothes look much better in person than in pictures online. 

Of course it is monochrome so it does look flattering on. I also really love the back of this top, from the front it looks really quite smart and sophisticated but when you look at the back it has a slit from about mid back down the bottom. So it is all party in the back and plain at the front. The material is quite thick and as you can see from the bottom picture it has little squares just to add a little something extra. You can check this out on the River Island website 'here'



I do apologise for this picture. It was super difficult to get a good picture of this top!

I must say I have about 5 other tops from River Island pretty much the exact style as this one. Therefore, I didn't really need this but oh well... I saw this top in store and it straight away caught my attention because it looked so similar to my others, I just had to buy it. I really loved the detail of this one around the neck and chest. It looked so chic and I straight away thought it would go so well with a pair of jeans, blazer and high heeled boots! You can check this top out 'here'


Again, the quality of this picture is bad quality but the natural light just wasn't working for me today! 
Anyway I bought this coat from the River Island sale and I must say it was a bargain! I have been wanting a coat like this for ages but just never found one that I loved. Until this one! It is a black/grey colour with leather panels around the back of the neck and on the bottom of the sleeves. I have the compulsory Winter Parka but I just fancied something a little lighter and more stylish. Unfortunately i can't find this on the website anymore but if you click 'here' there is one very similar and £5 cheaper.


Slightly moving off the monochrome vibe and onto the navy blues! I have been loving the loafer craze but to be honest, I never actually owned a pair until now. I actually bought these from Office in the Boxing day sales. 

There were three colours in these shoes grey, cream and this navy blue and I was torn between all three but I ended buying these ones as they will go with more of my outfits. Just to warn you, these shoes hurt the first time you wear them. Trust me, I would maybe wear them around your home with a pair of socks to try break them in. I was in agony the first time I wore them... 

I love the style and colour of these so much so I hope one day they won't hurt me when wearing them! You can check these out 'here' in all the colours they have.

Last but not least...



I know these are a little random but I bought these the weekend before so I thought I should include them! 

Lately, some of the reasons being the weather my hair has just been looking really dry, limp and a little unhappy so I saw these and I thought they might help give it the volume it wants. I can honestly say I have been using the dry texturising spray religiously ever since I bought it. I haven't used the like watery spray yet as I have been obsessed with the other one. 

It gives my hair the lift it needs and makes it look fuller, healthier and much more alive than it was before! I am so happy I bought these.  You can check them out 'here' and 'here'

That guys is all the things I have bought in the past month. 

I have lately been trying to save my money so in my opinion I haven't been too bad and everything I bought didn't break the bank so it is all good!

Thank you so much for reading.

Love, Melissa Victoria x


No comments:

Post a Comment