Friday 30 January 2015

Review - The Body Shop 'Born Lippy' Lip Balms.



The Body Shop's 'Born Lippy' lip balms. 

Now I have had plenty of these in my lip balm collection over the years and I can honestly say I always forgot about them and probably ended up losing every single one I had! 

However, my mum bought these for me for Christmas in a gift box that was shaped in a lolly (how cute?!) So I have decided to try them all out and share my opinions with you lovelies. I hope you enjoy...





This one has to be my favourite. It is the flavour Raspberry. The scent is quite refreshing and not too sickly. When I put this on my lips it's not 100% in your face and you can't smell it too strongly. I don't think these lip balms are very pigmented but this one just makes your lips a bit more pinker and give them a glossy effect. If you are a fan of subtle raspberry scents & a lip balm that is light on the lip and nothing too vibrant this is probably perfect for you. You can check this product out here






 This is the Satsuma Shimmer lip balm. I have to say I thought this was going to be my favourite because I love anything that smells like citrus fruits. I was so disappointed when I took a whiff of this scent. It is way too sickly for me, if I smell it more than like 3 times I begin to feel sick. If you are a fan of super strong citrus scents you might like this but for me, I will be giving this to either my sister or mum! I will say it looks very gentle on the lip even though it does have glitter in. If it was less smelly I would definitely use this. You can check this out here





Watermelon is by far the worst one for me. I can actually say I hate the smell of this. It reminds me of when I was younger and I had a sickness bug, but when I was poorly with the bug I wore a watermelon scented lip balm. I seriously think it put me off anything that smells like watermelon for the rest of my life! I haven't actually used this on my lips so I can't tell you how it looks but according to The Body Shop website it claims to leave soft pink colour and glossy finish.
You can probably see someone has been using this but it actually is my mum. She loves it! You can check this out here.


Next up is the Passionberry flavour. This to me just smells like blackcurrant juice. I don't mind this one, I wouldn't pick this one out of the others (excluding watermelon) but I don't mind it. It can become sickly after a little while so I do leave this one out. I thought this would leave a purple tint on my lips but I don't think it does. Maybe if you put loads on it might but I only use small amounts at a time and in my opinion it just leaves a glossy finish, no colour. You can check this out here.

Last but not least... 

This is the flavour Strawberry. I also really love this one. I think I prefer the sweet berry scents, as you can see I have used this one a lot! It is definitely my go to lip pot out of all the others. Again, it isn't sickly, I can apply this 2 or 3 times a day and it doesn't bother me. Yay! This leaves my lips looking lovely and red with a high shine finish which I love. I would recommend this to sweet berry lovers like me. 

Overall, I think some of the Born Lippy lip balm flavours could be made to smell a lot nicer, however some of them smell amazing and leave lips looking wonderful. One thing that bothers me about these products is the texture. I am more of a lipstick girl rather than a lip gloss girl. I don't really like anything sticky on my lips. (I do realise that can be read in the wrong way but I strongly don't mean it to be haha). I think I will only continue using the Strawberry and Raspberry ones and give the others to my sister and mum. They are a great present for somebody if they aren't as fussy as me... Another thing, the price is really good, only £2. 

Thank you so much for reading guys, 

What's your opinion on Born Lippy lip balms? 

Don't forget to follow me on all my social media accounts that are listed on my side bar. 

Love, Melissa Victoria x

No comments:

Post a Comment