Monday 22 September 2014

Revlon Colorburst chubby stick review!

Hey guys! So I know I promised my next post was going to be a look book but if you live in the UK like me you will all know how rubbish the weather has been! Not very Autumnal... Also I have just received my new camera and all I can say is my actual iPhone 5 camera is better than my digital one. So I am very disappointed with that. Anyway, this post is going to be my first ever review on a product so I am excited!

Right, so most of you will know that I am a big fan of chubby sticks as they totally overrule my lipstick collection all together. I find that chubby sticks are softer and kinder to your lips as they are extremely moisturising. When I first started getting more and more into make up I ventured out of my comfort zone which was buying really light coloured lipsticks and thinking I was the Queen B to saving up my money and buying more upmarket brands for example Revlon. However, I decided to start buying Revlon chubby sticks when I was in Florida. I was cosmetic shopping in Wal-Mart and that is when I came across these beauties...


I found these and instantly loved all of the colours Revlon had. However, as always that day I was on a budget and could only afford to be three. Most of you will know that the make up over in America is a lot cheaper than in the UK so if you go, make sure you stock up!

The first one shown at the top is in the shade - 245 Audacious. I have mentioned this in my July Favourites post.


This colour is really bright. I think you could definitely wear this on a summery day and if you go on a night out! It is a matte colour so if you prefer shinier chubby sticks I would not go for this one as it doesn't look glossy at all. Or, you could run a shiny lip balm over the top so it could go both ways. If you would like to learn more about this colour or even purchase the product, click here. 

The second one shown is in the shade - 020 Lovesick Passsionee. I have recently mentioned this chubby stick in my Everyday make-up routine.


This is my go to colour. I can wear this all day everyday if I had to. It goes with all my outfits and brightens up my face even on the dullest days! It leaves a shiny finish (which personally is my favourite type) and stays on the lips for a long time. This colour is by far my favourite of all the ones I own. If you would like to learn more about this product or even purchase it, please click here. 

The last one shown on the picture is in the shade - 105 Demure. 


I have to say, this is my least favourite out of them all as I can't really see it on my lips. I do not mind lighter shades but they have to be just a little pigmented otherwise they are almost pointless. I have worn this colour around three times and have found myself putting a more prominent colour over the top. It does contain glitter but does not come out as shiny as you would think it would. If you are a lover of really light shades be sure to check this one out or even purchase it, you can click here.  




Swatches of these shades... 



Top - Demure
Middle - Lovesick Passionee
Bottom - Audacious

That guys is the end of my first review! I hope you enjoyed it and be sure to leave any questions about any of the products mentioned in the comments and I will reply to them as quick as I possibly can. 

Thank you so much for reading!

Love, Melissa Victoria x

2 comments:

  1. i love how pretty and girly the shades are! Definitely want to try these! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are all very girly haha! You definitely should try them:) x

      Delete