Friday 12 September 2014

August favourites.

Hi guys, today I am going to be blogging about things I had been loving in the month of August. Otherwise known as my August favourites! 

Overview of the things I have been loving!


I am going to be starting off with my make up/beauty favorites. So number one, I have been absolutely obsessed with this concealer from Rimmel London. It is the Rimmel 'Wake me Up' concealer in the shade 040 Soft Beige. A quick swatch picture coming up.. 


I know I have said in My everyday make up routine post that I don't wear foundation or concealer. However, recently I have been developing dark under eye circles which are a real pain in the butt! So I explored all the different ways of getting rid of them including putting cucumber on my eyes but none of them worked. I came upon the last solution which of course was wearing concealer, I really did not want to start using concealer but that has now changed! It has done me proud, I just simply dab a bit under my eyes and smoothly rub it in with the tip of my finger and they disappear, it's like magic!  I would recommend this concealer to every girl who suffers from bags. 

The next thing I had been loving in August was this chubby stick from Rimmel London also! It is the 'Rimmel Lasting Colour Rush' in the shade 600 I'm on fire. A quick swatch of this product.. 


Personally, I think this colour is great for summer. It will brighten up your face no matter what, even if you aren't going out anywhere special and just popping to the shops, simply apply this and you are ready to go! Plus, I don't know if they all do, but this one smells amazing!

Sticking with my beauty favourites, I am going to be doing a 'Perfume of the month' and a 'Nail colour of the month'. So to start off, my perfume of the month is the Marc Jacobs - Eau So Fresh. I have mentioned this perfume in some of my posts before including my 'First ever haul blog post!' I used this every single day in August and I am still incredibly in love with it! 


I do realise this perfume is on the pricey side, but I can honestly say it smells amazing and brightens up your day! 

Now on to my favourite nail colour of the month... It has to be Barry M in the colour 'Mango'. Usually, I am not a fan of orange coloured nail polish's as I have very pale skin and it washes me out. However, as I had been in Italy for 2 weeks I actually had a tan in August so this colour was perfect. I do currently have this colour on my nails so here is a picture of it on... 


It definitely is a summer colour, but I know it is getting into the colder seasons so maybe keep this for a sunny week!


For the last product in the beauty category, in August I really enjoyed using the Simple 'Kind to Skin' cleansing face wipes. 


I have very dry skin and especially on my eyes. I have been searching for the right facial wipes for months until I came across these ones. I used these every day in August and I saw a big difference in my skin. I will say at the start of this month I have found a new love for the L'oreal face wipes so I will be sure to mention those in my September favourites. 

Moving onto my non-beauty favourites... I will start off with my favourite book in August. The book I loved is 'A Gift to Remember' by Melissa Hill. 


I started reading this book during my holiday in Italy. I instantly got addicted to it and simply just could not put it down! I would recommend this to every teenage girl who likes romance and just girly books in general. 

Now for TV series/films. Oh lordy... before I start on this, I will warn you I have been staying up until 2:00 am every night watching these box sets and I am ridiculously addicted.



 The Vampire Diaries. In August I have been obsessed with The Vampire Diaries, I can honestly say, when I was on holiday I had withdrawal symptoms from it. I am in love with all the male characters, especially Ian Somerhalder who plays Damon Salvatore. Anyhow, that is my TV series/film favourite of the month. In one month me and my mum have gone through 3 seasons each with 23 episodes. That says it all really doesn't it! Some of the episodes do scare me but nothing major! So I would recommend them to anyone who is a Twilight fan and is 15 and over. 

That guys is the end of my August Favourites, I am thinking of doing a September/Autumn look book and show you outfits that I will be wearing this month. 

I hope you enjoyed finding out what I had been loving August and stay tuned for my next blog which I think is going to be an Autumn inspired haul! 

Thank you for reading guys!

Love, Melissa Victoria x

No comments:

Post a Comment