Tuesday 22 July 2014

Newcomer to M.A.C Cosmetics and starting off my MAC eye shadow palette.

Hello! My name is Melissa Victoria and I am just starting out in the world of blogging. My blog will be about fashion and beauty. I hope you like it!


I've just recently started getting into Make Up, I never wore and still do not wear excessive amounts, I keep it minimal and finish it off with a bright lipstick. When buying make up, I was and still can be a high street make up buyer, mainly in the two only drugstores in the UK which are Superdrug and Boots. However, recently I have been getting more and more interested in the make up industry and finding out and experimenting with more high end make up brands for example, MAC Cosmetics.
I used to think MAC Cosmetics was ridiculously over priced and was probably just the same as high street products, but of course I was wrong. When I first visited the website I searched through the products and was extremely drawn into the eye shadow and lipstick sections. This is probably a good time to mention I do not wear foundation, press powder or anything that is in the same category.  I stick to the eyes and lips! When scrolling through the MAC website I come across the eye shadows and searching through all the different colours that consist of pinks, blues, purples, oranges, lighter golden colours, I came across one called Woodwinked, this has a deeper gold tone to it and is gorgeous! I recognised it because one of my friends had it in her make up bag and I straight away found it and fell in love with this colour.
This is the colour Woodwinked by MAC -
 
For days and days I was constantly on the MAC website looking through all the different eye shadow colours and deciding which ones I wanted, but at that time I didn't have a job and the only way I would of been able to get these is through my parents, and lets just say my parents are not fans of spending £13 on one eye shadow and I'm sure lots of you might have the same problem! So I had to leave the idea and just focus on getting a job so I can finally buy the eye shadows from my own money!
About 2 weeks after I had this obsession with MAC eye shadows I finally got a job and to top it off I found out I was going to Florida on holiday! When I figured out how much money I would end up getting on pay day I had already spent it a million times over. Then my mum mentioned the MAC make up would be much cheaper over in Florida and of course my obsession reared its ugly head again.
 
So, overall I came back from Florida with a MAC palette containing three amazing eye shadows and a MAC 239 brush. My thoughts and what eye shadows I purchased are below.
 
 
 
The three eye shadows I bought were,
Woodwinked which is at the bottom,
Girlie which is in the middle and finally Retrospeck which is the one right at the top.
 
 
 
 
Personally, I love each and everyone one of my eye shadows. I tend to use Retrospeck and Girlie in the inner part of my eye and then blend Woodwinked across my eye socket and on the outsides of my eye lid to create a more smoky eye effect. The MAC 239 brush is designed for putting eye shadow all over the lid. As my skin is very pale I prefer lighter more golden shades for my eyes. For blending, the MAC 217 brush is designed for blending a darker shade on the outer part of the lid so that's just a tip, if you are wanting to use MAC brushes MAC 239 is for the whole lid area and the MAC 217 brush is for blending in the outer corners. Currently, I only have the MAC 239 brush,  
                                                                       
 
 
I definitely need to purchase the MAC 217 brush as the MAC 239 isn't very good for blending.
 
Links to all products mentioned -
 
That guys is the end of my first blog post! I really hope it helped anyone who is trying to start out in MAC eye shadows. I will be blogging weekly so make sure you look out for my next blog and thanks for reading!
 
 
Love, Melissa Victoria x



No comments:

Post a Comment